Monday, May 11, 2009

Countdown is so close-check out the timer!

It's Monday and the retreat is Thursday- that little timer is just whizzing away! I am organizing my stuff, trying to get my Power Layouts done so I don't end up bringing EVERYTHING I own this time! Picked up tons of photos from Costco over the weekend, and realize that I want to order more but need to spend some time in Photoshop first-maybe at 2 a.m., but other than that I am booked solid!

I was a little disappointed in some of my photos, two sets were very foggy looking-although they were shot outside on clear days. No amount of Photoshop helped, I was hoping for a miracle between hitting SEND to have them processed and picking up the envelope. No such luck. Then I realized what might have happened and checked it out. Sure enough- I had forgotten one of the most basic rules of photography there is. The lens was filthy! Giovanni recently decided that whenever the camera comes out, he needs to take his OWN photos-thank you very much! I have the Canon G7 and it's a little heavy and bulky for two year old hands, so his little fingers were undoubtedly all over the lens. Lens is now QUITE clean- so my next batch of photos should be dandy. But man-oh-man, forgetting the basics will get'cha every time.

My entire scrapping focus this retreat is Giovanni, I have to get his scrapbooks entirely current. Fortunately I have lots of photos from some of the fun things Charlie and I have done with him this year. We went to San Francisco via the ferry to satisfy his fascination with boats. Every time we drove by cows, he would claim to see elephants, not cows (he's a great teaser!. So we were off to the Oakland Zoo on a Sunday afternoon in March. We spent an afternoon at the park, and another at the library, so lots and lots of scrappable moments. It's so exciting to be scrapping using the concepts of the Savvy Sisters Design team 'cause I know I can get all my photos on just on layout and then move on to the next event. And I don't have to crop my photos down to nothing, or toss any if I don't want to. Love it!!!

Check the timer- it's almost time!

1 comment:

Charity said...

You go girl! I applaud your ability to pre plan so that you don't drag the scrap room with you. I unfortunately always bring the scraproom with me.

Have Fun!

Adams Acres Scrapin
http://adamsacres.com